Dual Language Program
The mission of the PS 116K Dual Language Program is to cultivate, nourish and encourage our students to reach high levels of academic achievement and biliteracy in all content areas. The dual language program will facilitate this by providing a safe and engaging culturally responsive learning environment.
- Produce bi-literate students, with the ability to speak, read and write in English and Spanish
- Instruction focused on cross-cultural awareness and high academic achievement
- Classroom decisions are research based and best practices for second language learners are implemented
- Students maintain their first language while acquiring a second language
- Greater opportunity to engage in a diverse community and workplace
For more information, please contact Ms. Rosario at email@example.com.